The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to person contact and/or by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and even possibly in the air. People reportedly can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. The exact methods of spread and contraction are unknown, and there is no known treatment, cure, or vaccine for COVID-19. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious illness and even death.
1. The attendee acknowledges that the Group and together with each of their respective affiliates, officers, board members, directors, managers, agents, members, employees, vendors, and contractors (collectively, “Released Parties”) cannot prevent Group, its Event attendees, vendors, contractors, and all others attending or working at the Event from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while attending the event. It is not possible to prevent against the presence of the disease. Therefore, if the attendee chooses to proceed with participating in the Event, he/she may be exposing himself/herself, and all others attending or working at the Event to COVID-19.
2. The attendee understands and voluntarily assumes all risks related to the exposure of COVID-19 during the Event during the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, the undersigned agrees to follow and adhere to specific guidelines and requirements regarding sanitation and social distancing.
3. Further, the attendee agrees that he/she does not have any of the follow symptoms of COVID-19, as of the date signing this Addendum and further covenants to not attend the Event if the undersigned possesses any of the following symptoms:
▪ Fever or Temperature ▪ Muscle or Body Aches
▪ Cough or Sore Throat ▪ Loss of Taste or Smell
▪ Shortness of Breath ▪ Congestion or Runny Nose
▪ Severe Fatigue ▪ Nausea or Vomiting
4. The attendee agrees to comply with all COVID-19 restrictions, laws, regulations, orders, and guidelines set forth by relevant governments and organizational bodies, including but not limited to the California Department of Public Health, Orange County Health Care Agency, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the County of Orange, and the State of California.
5. The attendee hereby assumes all risks relating to COVID-19 associated with the Event, and agree to be solely responsible for the personal safety of myself, and forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Released Parties for any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorneys’ fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to the Group, its independent contractors, or attendees, whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise, specifically related to COVID-19. This provision shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. Client expressly and knowingly waives all rights under California Civil Code § 1542, which provides:
“A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
6. The attendee further agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all costs, expenses, damages, claims, lawsuits, judgments, losses, and/or liabilities (including attorneys’ fees) arising either directly or indirectly from or related to any and all claims made by or against any of the Released Parties due to bodily injury, death, loss of use, monetary loss, or any other injury from or related to my participation in the Event,whether caused by the negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise, specifically related to COVID-19.