THIS SECTION MUST BE REVIEWED AND APPROVED BY A PARENT or LEGAL GUARDIAN of the APPLICANT!
By checking the box below, I give permission for my child, to participate in Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mid-Maine (BBBSMM) School-Based Mentoring one day per week after school. In doing so, I understand and agree to the following:
- My child (Big) will meet with a local elementary or middle school student (Little) one day per week, during the school year, and communicate via TheApp during the summer months or other extended school breaks: meeting requirements for a 12-month minimum commitment.
- My child (Big) will communicate with BBBS staff (in person, via phone, text or email) at least once a month.
- School personnel may share information regarding my child with BBBSMM for the purpose of determining a suitable mentee and addressing child safety concerns as well as reporting on school attendance and overall performance.
- All applicant information in regards to my child will be kept strictly confidential.
- I am responsible for picking-up my child, or arranging transportation for my child, at the designated end time of each match meeting.
- BBBSMM does not guarantee my child will be matched and has discretion in creating and/or closing a match in regards to child safety and the best interests of all parties involved.
- I understand contact between Bigs and Littles outside of school mentoring activities is not permitted.