As a mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS), I understand I will be matched with a student whom I will communicate with using online communication tools. I understand I am making a commitment of at least one school year. As discussed in training with a BBBS staff member, I agree to:
1. I understand and agree the mentoring relationship is facilitated through MatchConnect, online communition tools, MentorU events. I understand I will be responsible for reporting to the Site-Based Program Coordinator information regarding my communications with my student outside of MatchConnect.
2. I understand and agree my student and I may not exchange phone numbers, email addresses, or home addresses unless approved by the Site-Based Program Coordinator. Therefore agree no contact in any form, including social media is allowed outside of the school or MentorU supervised setting unless approved by the Site-Based Program Coordinator.
3. I will not provide transportation for my student at any time.
4. I will complete all program-related evaluation forms and surveys.
5. I will notify the Site-Based Program Coordinator if I am unable to complete a weekly message or attend a scheduled event, as soon as possible.
6. I will follow all school and BBBS policies and guidelines, including safety reporting guidelines.
7. I will maintain confidentiality with my match. This includes using first names only when talking to others about my student and keeping my their family information private.
8. I will keep the agency informed of any changes in address, email, and/or phone number.
9. I will inform the agency if I am arrested and/or break any laws, regardless of if there is a conviction or not. The agency will review the arrest and the circumstance to determine the status of my match. Failure to inform the agency can result in immediate termination of the match. I understand a criminal background check will be conducted every three years while I am in an active match and I must submit the necessary authorization signatures when asked by staff.
10. I will consult with the Site-Based Program Coordinator prior to giving my student any excessive gifts.
11. I will never ask my student to keep any secrets.
12. I will have regular bi-monthly communication with the Site-Based Program Coordinator.
13. Be a positive role model. Therefore:
· I will not be intoxicated or impaired prior to or during the visit with my student.
· I will not use tobacco products, marijuana, alcohol, or any illegal substances in the presence of my student.
Any violation of the above stated may result in immediate termination of the mentor-student match. I have read the volunteer policies outlined and will abide by them.