I UNDERSTAND THAT I MUST BE SUPPORTIVE OF THIS
RELATIONSHIP IN ORDER FOR MY CHILD TO BENEFIT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, THEREFORE I
1. Help my child be ready for outings on time and be
2. Make sure that my child is provided with adequate money
for his/her outing when appropriate.
3. Be flexible about family plans so they do not interfere
with the match.
4. Not allow my child to visit their Big’s home for the
first three months of the match.
5. Not allow overnight activities. Requests for
exceptional circumstances may be submitted to the caseworker prior to activity
for Executive Director consideration and approval.
6. Not allow email correspondence for the first six months
of the match and after six months
that I as a parent can make the decision to allow or not to allow email or
social media correspondence.
7. Not use restriction from seeing Big Brother/Big Sister
8. Not encourage other siblings to participate in their
9. Discuss match activities with volunteer prior to the
event and refuse participation in any activities I feel are inappropriate.
safety is our first concern. Please discuss match activities with child after
the fact and show interest.
regular monthly contact with the agency caseworker by responding to phone calls
and letters, being prepared to give feedback to the agency regarding the match.
need to talk also to your child about the match. We may call, visit, or stop by the school to
talk to your child.
information discussed with me regarding a match confidential. I will not discuss this information with any
person other than the assigned professional staff of the Big Brothers Big
ask personal favors of the Big Brother/Big Sister and not impose upon the Big
Brother/Big Sister for free babysitting.
BBBS advised of any changes to contact information or family dynamics. Ie.
Phone number change, marriage, etc.
* Contact my caseworker immediately if a problem or if I have any
concerns about the match.