By checking the box below and providing my signature at the end of this form, I give permission:
- For my child to participate in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program;
- For the volunteer matched with my child, who has been screened and approved by Big Brothers Big Sisters, to personally interact with and transport my child to events and match activities, if applicable and allowed by program type;
- For the school to provide social and academic information about my child to Big Brothers Big Sisters (e.g. report cards, behavior reports);
- To have my child participate in an intake interview conducted by Big Brothers Big Sisters staff and complete questionnaires throughout their time in the program containing questions about school, home life, the match, and personal interests to evaluate and improve program services;
- To have my child talk with a Big Brothers Big Sisters staff person about personal safety;
- For BBBS staff to provide contact information for me and my child to the volunteer.
I understand that the program is not obligated to match my child with a volunteer and that as part of the enrollment process, I will be asked to provide additional information through an in-person interview. I understand that the information I provide in the enrollment process will be kept confidential, unless disclosure is required by law. I understand that incidents of child abuse or neglect, past or present, will be reported to proper authorities. I understand that certain relevant information about my child will be discussed with the volunteer who is a prospective match (i.e. demographic information, information relevant to volunteer preferences, and information relevant to child-safety and well-being).
I, on behalf of myself and my child, completely release and forever discharge Big Brothers Big Sisters of Big Sky Country and its employees, agents, members, volunteers and all other persons on its behalf, together with any successors in interest, heirs, attorneys, agents, representatives, and all persons acting by, through, under, or in concert with them from all known and unknown charges, complaints, claims, grievances, liabilities, obligations, promises, controversies, damages, actions, causes of action, suits, rights, demands, costs, losses, debts, penalties, fees, wages, attorneys’ fees and costs, and punitive damages of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown, which I may have, or may have had, against Big Brothers Big Sisters of Big Sky Country, arising from any participation in said program and activities, including but not limited to any liability to any right of action that may occur to such child directly, or to me as their guardian. I intend and understand that this release and discharge is to be interpreted and enforced so as to provide the broadest release and discharge possible as may be permitted by law. I understand that this information may be shared with the school or with partnership agencies when applicable.
If my child is matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister I agree to support my child’s match by reviewing the program and safety information given to me by Big Brothers Big Sisters, communicating with Big Brothers Big Sisters staff as outlined in expectations (which includes communication at least once a month in the first year of the match), and immediately reporting any concerns I might have to Big Brothers Big Sisters staff.