I CONSENT TO AND UNDERSTAND THAT:
- The references I listed may be contacted by mail, telephone or email.
- Other Big Brothers Big Sisters agencies or youth organizations where I have worked or volunteered may be contacted as references.
- I am in no way obligated to perform any volunteer services.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee is not obligated to match me with a youth and may deny my application or close my match at any time, and to protect all participants’ confidentiality, BBBS is not required to disclose reasons for doing so;
- I will be asked to provide my social security number and I may need to be fingerprinted.
- Failure to disclose any arrest(s), charge(s) or conviction(s), will directly impact the agency’s decision to advance my enrollment application.
- Information gained from background checks may be discussed with the potential or active Volunteer Big and then discussed with the Little's parent or guardian to ensure child safety.
- As part of the enrollment process, I will be required to provide additional personal information, including completion of an in-person interview; prior to any recommendations for program acceptance.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee may share that I am a volunteer if requested by my employer or academic institution.
- In the event of the agency’s determination of my ineligibility, reasons for non-acceptance will not be disclosed, in accordance with agency policy.
- I understand the information I provide in the enrollment process will be kept confidential, unless disclosure is required by law.
- I understand that detailed accounts of child abuse or neglect, past or present, will be reported to proper authorities;
- I understand that certain relevant information about me will be discussed with the parent/guardian of a child who is a prospective match (this might include demographic information, information relevant to parent/child preferences, and any information relevant to a child’s safety or well-being);
- It is my responsibility to update the agency if any of the information I provide on this application, in my interview, or any other information provided during the enrollment process changes (i.e. address, phone number, auto-insurance, new criminal charges, etc.).
- I agree to complete questionnaires throughout my time in the program to evaluate and improve program services;
- I agree to timely communication and follow-up with all agency staff as required by the agency.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING THIS APPLICATION
I understand that this is an application for a volunteer opportunity and is not a promise or commitment by Big Brothers Big Sisters.
I certify that all information I have provided or will provide to Big Brothers Big Sisters, including this
application, is true, accurate, and complete to the best of my knowledge. I certify that I have and will answer all questions to the best of my ability and that I have not and will not withhold any information that would affect my application for a volunteer position. I understand that information contained in my application will be verified by Big Brothers Big Sisters.
I understand that misrepresentations or omissions may be cause for my immediate rejection as an applicant or my termination as a volunteer.
At any time while involved with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program, I agree to immediately inform my Big Brothers Big Sisters contact person of any and all infractions, violations,
charges, and convictions related to any civil, domestic, or criminal matters. I understand that BBBS staff needs to be fully informed to provide the best guidance or support possible.
I have read and understand documents containing policies in the enrollment form including, but not limited to:
PLEASE NOTE - After submitting this form with the electronic signature on the next page, you will receive an email with a link to verify the signature. YOU MUST CLICK THE LINK TO VERIFY SUBMISSION IN ORDER FOR THE FORM TO BE COMPLETE.
- Non-discrimination Policy
- Volunteer Rules and Responsibilities
- Confidentiality Policy
- Communicable Disease Policy
- Weapons/Firearms Policy
- Background Check Policy
- Social Media Guidelines for Volunteers
- Virtual Communication Platform Consent
- Media Consent and Release Form