I have thoroughly reviewed the need for confidentiality and I understand and acknowledge the
1. BBBSC respects the confidentiality of volunteer, family and child records. All records are
considered the property of the agency. Records are not available for review by the volunteer, family and/or child.
2. Photos and/or identifying information regarding volunteers, family and children may be used in agency publications or promotional materials with a signed media release and consent form.
3. For purposes of program evaluation, audit, or accreditation, and with the prior approval of the Board of Directors, certain outside bodies such as Big Brothers Big Sisters of America may have access to volunteer, family and child records. We retain the right to share information as appropriate.
4. Information will only be provided to law enforcement officials or the courts pursuant to a valid and enforceable subpoena or upon written consent and authorization by the President/CEO.
5. Information will be provided to the agency's legal counsel in the event of litigation or potential
litigation involving the agency.
6. If a staff person receives information indicating that a volunteer, family member or child may be dangerous to himself/herself or to others, necessary steps may be taken to protect the appropriate party. This may include a medical referral or report to the local law enforcement authorities.
7. If abuse or neglect is disclosed, BBBSC is obligated to report that information immediately to the proper authorities.
I understand and agree that:
1. To the best of my knowledge and ability, I have provided accurate and complete information in
response to the questions asked of me.
2. Additional personal information may be asked of me as part of the ongoing procedures.
3. The completion of the enrollment process does not guarantee that a match will be found.
4. All children and adults who are not accepted into our program will be notified by letter. It is the practice of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado, Inc. NOT to inform the non-accepted party of the reasons for non-acceptance.
5. Mentors are responsible for insuring that children are transported only in vehicles with insured drivers during match activities.
6. All children and adults who enter our program have the right to withdraw from the program at any time prior to matching.